Sep 18, 2009


Today I read an article that justifies all the ripping, burning, downloading and pirating I haven't been doing since I first installed Napster back in The Year 2000.

Here ya go.

For my lazy friends and followers, the article explains that record labels (as well as composers, writers, and publishers) of music are petitioning the government, asking them to charge Apple a "performance fee" every time a 30-second preview clip of their song is played.

No, this is not made up. They want Apple to pay them to advertise their products.


Here's an idea: why don't movie theaters pay studio executives every time they show their trailers? And why doesn't NBC bill me every time I carry my Dunder Mifflin umbrella?


The music industry has reached a new low, and I'm striking back. Everyone, please post the name of one CD (preferably from a major label) that you would like to own, but don't. I'll download it and make a free copy for you.

...of course I'm kidding! Haha, that's so illegal that it is barely funny. I would never do that. BUT! To make the joke even funnier/more realistic, go ahead and send me your address or whatever in a private message. That way I can "send you the CD." Haha!


They say that laughter is the best medicine, which is why I am pulling this awesome joke. Maybe it will cure the record industry of their stupid, stupid greed.

A recap of the joke: Comment below with the name of a CD you would like to own (and would probably buy eventually, unless someone made you a copy, in which case you definitely won't). Then, send me your address and I'll send you a free, illegal copy of that CD, no questions asked.

Just kidding!

2 Comments:

  1. rachel said...
    How bout you make me a sammich instead?

    I can't think of any.

    You should surprise me.

    P.S. I really can't believe that they think that a) that is going to be a successful endeavor and b) that it is even prudent to ask for such a thing. It's not a performance. It was once. Now it's a recording. So unless they want to drag their shit to my living room and actually perform 30 seconds of a song, they don't deserve a penny of a "performance fee"

    Ridiculous.
    Stevi said...
    andrew. you are incredibly funny and i love you.

    rachel. the same.

Post a Comment